Memorial Museum of Eduards Veidenbaums “Kalāči” Manors, museums & monuments„Kalāči”, Liepas pagasts, Cēsu novads
The museum is open from 15 of May till 15 of October
Working time: From Tuesday till Sunday (10:00-17:00)
- The museum is the home of the poet Eduards Veidenbaum (1867-1892) from the fifth year of his life, the famous Latvian poet lives here learns, works, and dies.
- The poet Eduards Veidenbaums (1867-1892) lived only for 24 years, yet his personality and more than 90 poems are a true value of the Latvian culture.
- The Museum of Eduards Veidenbaums “Kalāči” offers a thematic display about Eduards Veidenbaums, the largest exhibition of chests of Vidzeme in Latvia and household tools of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- A guide will tell you fascinating stories about the life of Veidenbaums, and the exhibition allows gaining insight into his personal life.
- The old oaks in the large garden were once planted by Veidenbaums’ father. Each oak was devoted to one family member, and nowadays two oaks are still present in the garden. There is also a monument by the sculptor Laimonis Blumbergs devoted to the poet.
- There is a picnic site with a bonfire located in the birch growth; the landscape has once inspired the poet as well.